It's the terror of knowing what this world is about
This week, we recap, review, and analyze Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (機動戦士Ζガンダム) episode 10 - “Reunion” (再会), discuss our first impressions, and provide commentary and research on the real-life city of Amman (and how it might have inspired events in the episode), language and translation notes, and missile countermeasures.
- U.S. Joint Military Contributions to Countering Syria’s 1970 Invasion of Jordan, by Richard A. Mobley for Joint Forces Quarterly, issue 55, 4th quarter 2009.
- The 1967 War and the birth of international terrorism, Brookings Institute, Daniel L. Byman, May 30, 2017.
- Black September: The Jordanian-PLO Civil War of 1970, Pierre Tristam, July 3,2019 for ThoughtCo.
- NYT archives articles from September 1970:
- Jisho.org page for 機 (き/ki), and Tofugo page about the use of 機 as a counter for airplanes and airplane crew.
- Army study guide (for promotion exams), section on “Command Voice.”
- From a website that provides full-text of classic flight simulation handbooks, The Official F-15 Strike Eagle Handbook section on defensive tactics, including when and how to use chaff.
You can subscribe to the Mobile Suit Breakdown for free! on fine Podcast services everywhere and on YouTube, follow us on twitter @gundampodcast, check us out at gundampodcast.com, email your questions, comments, and complaints to [email protected]
Mobile Suit Breakdown wouldn't exist without the support of our fans and Patrons! You can join our Patreon to support the podcast and enjoy bonus episodes, extra out-takes, behind-the-scenes photo and video, MSB gear, and much more!
Mobile Suit Breakdown provides critical commentary and is protected by the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Gundam content is copyright and/or trademark of Sunrise Inc., Bandai, Sotsu Agency, or its original creator. Mobile Suit Breakdown is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu, or any of their subsidiaries, employees, or associates and makes no claim to own Gundam or any of the copyrights or trademarks related to it.
Copyrighted content used in Mobile Suit Breakdown is used in accordance with the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Any queries should be directed to [email protected]
Find out more at http://gundampodcast.com