Gundam Ep. 34: Char's Roadside Assistance
This week, we recap, review, and analyze Mobile Suit Gundam episode 34 (33 in the US), "A Fateful Encounter" ("宿命の出会い"), discuss our first impressions, and provide commentary and research on O'Neill cylinders, a review of Lagrange points, neutral countries in WWII, the Battle of the River Plate and the hunt for the Graf Spee, and the term "red tape."
- Article about increasing critical examination of the actions of neutral countries during WWII.
- Swiss neutrality, and the recent (early 2000s) independent report analyzing Switzerland's impact on WWII.
- Hague Convention concerning the Rights and Duties of Neutral Powers in Naval War.
- About the Graf Spee ship.
- Wiki page on the Battle of the River Plate and "The Trap of Montevideo."
- Book on naval warfare in WWII, includes section on the Battle of the River Plate:
The Great Sea War: The Story of Naval Action in World War II, E.B. Potter, Fleet-Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Pickle Partners Publishing, 2015.
- Book about the battle itself:
The Battle of the River Plate: The Hunt for the German Pocket Battleship Graf Spee (2d Ed.), Dudley Pope, 2005, McBooks Press.
You can subscribe to the Mobile Suit Breakdown for free! on fine Podcast services everywhere and on YouTube, follow us on twitter @gundampodcast, check us out at gundampodcast.com, email your questions, comments, and complaints to [email protected]
Mobile Suit Breakdown wouldn't exist without the support of our fans and Patrons! You can join our Patreon to support the podcast and enjoy bonus episodes, extra out-takes, behind-the-scenes photo and video, MSB gear, and much more!
Mobile Suit Breakdown provides critical commentary and is protected by the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. All Gundam content is copyright and/or trademark of Sunrise Inc., Bandai, or its original creator. Mobile Suit Breakdown is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Sunrise Inc. or Bandai or any of its subsidiaries, employees, or associates and makes no claim to own Gundam or any of the copyrights or trademarks related to it.
Copyrighted content used in Mobile Suit Breakdown is used in accordance with the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Any queries should be directed to [email protected]
Find out more on the Mobile Suit Breakdown: the Gundam Anime Podcast website.