2.6 - Laius
Kamille Solves the Riddle of the Sphinx
This week, we recap, review, and analyze Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (機動戦士Ζガンダム) episode 5 “Father and Son” (父と子と), discuss our first impressions, and provide commentary and research on parenting in Japan in the 1970s and 80s, a Cat Stevens song, angry ghosts, and posessed crabs.
- Articles on parenting, that give some historical insight and analysis of more recent attitudes and trends:
Holloway, Susan & Nagase, Ayumi. (2014). Child Rearing in Japan. 10.1007/978-94-007-7503-9_6.
The Japanese Family, Anne E. lmamura For Video Letter from Japan II: A Young Family. Asia Society (1990): 7-17.
- Youtube link for the Cat Stevens song "Father and Son" with original music video.
- Articles about ghosts in Japanese tradition generally: Yurei: Japanese Ghosts, Yūrei: the Ghosts of Japan, Ghosts on the shore, Ghosts, Demons and Spirits in Japanese Lore, and Ghosts in Ancient Japan.
- Funerary practices in American communities of Japanese descent.
- Other stories about the Taira ghosts that didn't make it into the podcast:
- The music from the memorial is:
Caribdis by @nop (c) copyright 2016 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
Brave New World by RavenWing (c) copyright 2014 Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution (3.0) license.
You can subscribe to the Mobile Suit Breakdown for free! on fine Podcast services everywhere and on YouTube, follow us on twitter @gundampodcast, check us out at gundampodcast.com, email your questions, comments, and complaints to [email protected]
Mobile Suit Breakdown wouldn't exist without the support of our fans and Patrons! You can join our Patreon to support the podcast and enjoy bonus episodes, extra out-takes, behind-the-scenes photo and video, MSB gear, and much more!
Mobile Suit Breakdown provides critical commentary and is protected by the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Gundam content is copyright and/or trademark of Sunrise Inc., Bandai, Sotsu Agency, or its original creator. Mobile Suit Breakdown is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu, or any of their subsidiaries, employees, or associates and makes no claim to own Gundam or any of the copyrights or trademarks related to it.
Copyrighted content used in Mobile Suit Breakdown is used in accordance with the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Any queries should be directed to [email protected]
Find out more at http://gundampodcast.com