2.34: A Leader For All Spacenoids
Yas Space Queen, slay!
This week, we recap, review, and analyze Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam (機動戦士Ζガンダム) episode 33 - "The Messenger from Axis" (アクシズからの使者), discuss our first impressions, and provide commentary and research on an unexpected bird and the math and science of the Solar System weapon from First Gundam.
- Quora page on identifying the differences between cranes, storks, and herons (answer provided by Doctor of Zoology C.S. Sharma).
- Information and beautiful pictures about the white (ish) stork native to Japan.
- Illustrated version of the Japanese folktale Tsuru no Ongaeshi ("The Crane Wife" / "The Crane's Gratitude").
- Photographs of the Shirasaigi no Mai (White Heron Dance) purification ritual as it is conducted today, plus some information about the associations for cranes in Japanese society.
- Additional information about the modern version of the Shirasagi no Mai festival.
- A page on distinguishing Crane, Heron, and Stork (in the Japanese language).
- Japanese language ornithology site with letter from Sahara Yuji (Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Hirosaki University) and Matsunaga Katsutoshi (Hokkaido Heron Research Group) regarding the heron in Japanese culture.
- Longer Japanese language article about the Heron/Egret in Japanese tradition from the Hokkaido Heron Research Group.
- Japanese language collection of myths about herons.
- Wikipedia page on Sasaki Sadako.
- Hitachi Metals company page (in English) on the iron and smithing goddess Kanayago-no-kami.
- Encyclopedia of Shinto page on Kanayago.
- Wikipedia page about one of the more famous heron yokai.
- Wikipedia page on kegare (穢れ・汚れ) pollution.
- More details about Kanayago, including paintings of the goddess and pictures of her shrines.
- Additional details on the Japanese iron-making tradition and Kanayago.
- Iraj's calculations regarding the Solar System weapon from First Gundam.
- The music used in the TNN was "Heartbreaking" and "Funkorama" both by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com) and available at https://filmmusic.io. Licensed pursuant to CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
You can subscribe to the Mobile Suit Breakdown for free! on fine Podcast services everywhere and on YouTube, follow us on twitter @gundampodcast, check us out at gundampodcast.com, email your questions, comments, and complaints to [email protected]
Mobile Suit Breakdown wouldn't exist without the support of our fans and Patrons! You can join our Patreon to support the podcast and enjoy bonus episodes, extra out-takes, behind-the-scenes photo and video, MSB gear, and much more!
Mobile Suit Breakdown provides critical commentary and is protected by the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Gundam content is copyright and/or trademark of Sunrise Inc., Bandai, Sotsu Agency, or its original creator. Mobile Suit Breakdown is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Sunrise, Bandai, Sotsu, or any of their subsidiaries, employees, or associates and makes no claim to own Gundam or any of the copyrights or trademarks related to it.
Copyrighted content used in Mobile Suit Breakdown is used in accordance with the Fair Use clause of the United States Copyright law. Any queries should be directed to [email protected]
Find out more at http://gundampodcast.com